- Massive choice of games from top-rated software providers
- A multilingual casino that caters for those who speak more than just the English language
- The welcome offer is not just a first deposit bonus, it’s a three-in-one type offer
- Promotions are thin on the ground
- Wagering requirements are high!
- No deposit free spins carry a wagering requirement of 50x
Plaza Royal Casino Review
Established in 2020, Plaza Royal Casino is one of 40+ online casinos with a wide range of games to come from Aspire Global International Ltd. Casinos. Other casinos owned and operated by the operator include Casino Luck, Wixstars Casino and Karamba Casino. Aiming to be your number one gaming destination, Plaza Royal Casino invites you to experience the splendour of a bricks-and-mortar casino without the downloads and without the fuss. Claiming to be the “ultimate gambling” resort is quite a statement but with an ever-expanding games portfolio, an exclusive live casino and regal rewards, it seems they are achieving that with ease!
As far as the theme goes, it’s very bland and ‘safe’ with black from the welcome page to the games lobby. The only hints of colour your eye will catch glimpse of is from the many different gaming titles and the small Las Vegas-style strip to the top of the page. Recent winners are plastered on a social status bar on the welcome page to give you an indication of what other players are playing and winning.
Elk Studios, Amaya (Chartwell), Realistic Games, PariPlay, Amatic Industries, Bally Wulff, Ainsworth Gaming Technology, 1x2Games, Tom Horn Gaming, Old Skool Studios, Quickspin, Playson, Sigma Games, Red Rake Gaming, Blueprint Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Wazdan, iSoftBet, Booming Games, Red Tiger Gaming, NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, NextGen Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Inspired, Big Time Gaming, High5Games, Lightning Box, Just For The Win, 2 By 2 Gaming, SG Gaming, Thunderkick, Foxium, Skywind Group and Synot Games power the ever-growing list of games here are Plaza Royal Casino.
Customer support offers assistance through live chat or telephone, only not 24/7. The list of restricted countries is long – if you live in one of these then there’s no chance of playing here. Being multilingual means being able to access the website and support in five languages: English, French, German, Finnish and Norwegian. Currencies accepted are: US dollars, Euros, British pounds sterling, Norwegian kroner, Brazilian reals, Canadian dollars and Australian dollars. Plaza Royal Casino is licensed and regulated by two governing bodies: the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission.
Pros & Cons
Advantages of Plaza Royal Casino:
+ Massive choice of games from top-rated software providers. Gaming options suit every type of player – from the low stakes player who likes to bet small to the high roller who goes all in guns blazing. Live casino games, table games, video slots, classic slots and even instant wins, all of which are offered through an instant-play interface.
+ Multilingual casino caters for those who speak more than just the English language. Choosing your native tongue is a simple exercise: head to the drop-down box to the top right of the screen and hey-presto!
+ The welcome offer is not just a first deposit bonus, it’s a three-in-one type offer. First deposits are doubled in value with free spins instantly made available. The slot game for the first spins is Starburst. Second deposits are boosted by 50% and so are third deposits. Once the initial deposit has been made, a further 80 free spins will be credited over a four consecutive day period. Twenty spins on Finn and the Swirly Spin, Book of Dead, VIP Black and Aloha! Cluster Pays.
Disadvantages of Plaza Royal Casino:
– Customer support is offered through live chat and email however, opening hours are only available between 8 am and midnight CET each day. What’s that in the UK? 7 am until 11 pm, which is a little disappointing! For times when you need assistance and the help teams are off doing other things, you will have to rely on the FAQ’s to guide you. Topics in this section are diverse but not everything will be listed.
– Withdrawal limit is set to just EUR 7,000 per month. There are no rules on what would happen in event of a jackpot win, so you may need to contact support to clear that one up. Before you go on to play!
– Every reference to money is in euro and that’s no good for players from the UK. Conversion rates will result in those values fluctuating, so bear that in mind when deciding on a deposit or when making a withdrawal.
– Promotions – what promotions? Once that welcome offer has been claimed there is nothing to claim. The welcome page claims to have “regal rewards” but we’re yet to see them! Bonuses are applied to first deposits only and as for bonus spins without a deposit – there’s never been anything of the sort!
– Plaza Royal Casino is a casino, right? Then why are the terms and conditions worded as if they were a sports betting website?? There are no sportsbook options anywhere and equally, there are no casino terms and conditions and that is odd! Maximum betting limits and wins are based on betting on sporting events, so how do we know what the max bets, fees and such are?
– No deposit free spins carry a wagering requirement of 50x. Wagering requirements on free spins that require a deposit come in at 35x, the same as that of deposit bonuses. But here’s where it gets misleading. On closer inspection of the terms and conditions, it states winnings generated from extra or bonus spins are granted as a bonus and therefore carry wagering of 50x! what is it – 35x or 50x? It’s not very clear. Based on this, wagering requirements are high! Here’s an example of what you need to spend on a 35x playthrough to be able to make a withdrawal:
- Deposit €20 get €20, the wager is €700 to cash out.
- Deposit €25 get €25, the wager is €875 to cash out.
– Bets of more than €4 being placed before the wagering is complete is what’s known as “bet abuse” and this means Plaza Royal Casino can withhold any amount in excess of players’ deposit. Basically, if you bet more than €4 when you have wagering still to complete, any winnings you have over your initial deposit will effectively be removed from your bankroll! If players made a deposit via Skrill, that maximum bet limit is just €2.50.
– All daily bonus winnings are capped at €200 maximum. This rule means any bonuses you may have received will only allow you to win up to that sated amount per day. I dread to think what would happen if you claimed a bonus and cleared it then went on to win a large sum of money!
– Klarna is an acceptable form of payment. Klarna is a company that allows you to purchase goods or services with a credit card style system. You get to play casino games and pay at a later date! Wasn’t this the whole reason why credit cards were banned in the UK? Disappointed to see this listed as a payment service!
Games and Software
Elk Studios, Amaya (Chartwell), Realistic Games, PariPlay, Amatic Industries, Bally Wulff, Ainsworth Gaming Technology, 1x2Games, Tom Horn Gaming, Old Skool Studios, Quickspin, Playson, Sigma Games, Red Rake Gaming, Blueprint Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Wazdan, iSoftBet, Booming Games, Red Tiger Gaming, NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, NextGen Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Inspired, Big Time Gaming, High5Games, Lightning Box, Just For The Win, 2 By 2 Gaming, SG Gaming, Thunderkick, Foxium, Skywind Group and Synot Games make for an extensive line-up of titles.
Three main gaming options are housed at the top of the screen: casino, live casino and scratchcards. Strange to see scratchcards with their own lobby what with there being a very limited selection to choose from. Instants provide more than just scratch and match fun, they provide epic bonus rounds and even jackpot-win potential.
Plaza Royal Casino Games in this section are:
- Power Cash
- Wild Win Doubler
- Cash Rumble x10
- Hit the Bank
- Blackjack Doubler
- VIP Gold
- Egyptian Oasis
- Queen of Diamonds
- King of Clubs.
The casino is where slots, jackpots and table games are housed. Thankfully, Plaza Royal Casino have introduced some categories to help narrow down that extensive list of games. A search bar also allows players to search for a game by title or by provider, but unless you know what you want to play, this feature is useless.
Here are the sections:
- New: As soon as new gaming releases are rolled off the production belt, this is where you’ll find them. Bear in mind, you will only find new games from those software providers featured. Rules on how to play and win will be available in each of the games.
- Slots: Every game in this section has reels and win lines. Exciting titles include the Play’N Go series of ancient Egyptian slots; Legacy of Dead, Book of Dead, Rise of Dead and Doom of Dead. Gameburger and Microgaming’s pot paying titles are also a firm choice with the slot spinning community: Hyper Strike, 9 Pots of Gold and 9 Masks of Fire all offer instant win style pays up to £480K, based on the number of scatters in view.
- Jackpots: This section may only be small, but the jackpots are anything but small! Every title in this category offers the chance to win life-changing sums of money, only you’ll need to be extremely lucky! Grand Spinn Superpot, Imperial Riches, Lucky Lady, Super Lucky Reels, Super Fast Hot Hot, redeem the Dream, Super Lion, Vegas Night Life, Temple of Wealth, Beast of Wealth and Jackpot Fortunes dominate this section.
- Table Games: Think live casino and remove that live host and that’s exactly what you get with the games here. From roulette to Blackjack, Poker to Pairs, each table offers a wide range of betting options as well as the tools you need to help make better betting choices.
- All Games: This lists the entire suite of games available at Plaza Royal Casino.
Bonuses at Plaza Royal Casino
Plaza Royal Casino offers one bonus – the welcome bonus and this is effectively three offers rolled into one. Not only do new players receive a boost on their first deposit, but their first three and there are some spins to be had on top of that too!
- 1st Deposit: 100% bonus up to €50 + 20 spins on Starburst. The minimum deposit is €10.
- 2nd Deposit: 50% bonus up to €75. The minimum deposit is €20.
- 3rd Deposit: 50% bonus up to €75. The minimum deposit is €20.
After the first deposit has been made, the new player will receive 20 free spins for the next 4 consecutive days, each on a different slot game:
- 1st day after initial deposit: 20 spins of Finn and the Swirly Spin.
- 2nd day after initial deposit: 20 spins of Book of Dead.
- 3rd day after initial deposit: 20 spins of VIP Black.
- 4th day after initial deposit: 20 spins of Aloha! Cluster Pays.
Plaza Royal Live Casino
Live casino games are superb and offer a variety of immersive entertainment. That casino floor environment is never more than a click away here at Plaza Royal Casino. Dominating this sector is Evolution with their gameshow line-up and award-winning tables. Games in this section can be found as follows:
- Salon Prive: An executive lounge style of play caters to those who like to bet big. A handful of rooms offer that VIP experience only without the lavish rewards attached.
- Live Roulette: Whether you like it fast or enhanced, this section is dedicated to many different variants of the popular live roulette game. Roulette doesn’t come as standard regardless of just the two wheels – European and American, here at Plaza Royal Casino, roulette comes with electrifying multipliers of up to 500x per round and there are even tables where you get twice the chance of winning – check out double ball roulette for that one!
- Live Blackjack: The Blackjack Strip, Blackjack Party, Power Blackjack and Speed Blackjack (among scores of others), all have one thing in common – beat the dealer to a hand of 21 to win!
- Gameshows: A superb 21st-century invention takes casino players closer to the gameshow action than ever before, especially when it comes to Evolution creations. Popular television shows where contestants would battle it out for big cash and prizes have been immortalised into a live casino game and the results are spectacular. Take Monopoly Live, for example, a spin of the super-sized wheel could see players benefit from chance, community or even 4 rolls around the virtual property trading board game. Prior to Mr Monopoly jumping into action, multipliers are attached to each property on that board. Chance and community could further enhance those values and rolling a double will also generate another turn!
- Live Baccarat and Sic Bo: Popular games in this category include Lightning Baccarat – it’s styled on Lightning Roulette with its multipliers of up to 500x in each round. Other games include First Person Dragon Tiger, Baccarat Squeeze and Dragon Tiger.
- Live Poker: Texas Hold’em Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Side Bet City, Casino Hold’em, Ultimate Texas Hold’em Poker and Three Card Poker are among the favourites in this section.
Funding your account can be done through US dollars, Euros, British pounds sterling, Norwegian kroner, Brazilian reals, Canadian dollars and Australian dollars. The minimum deposit is €10, but some bonuses (when available), require a deposit larger than this. Visa, MasterCard, Bank Wire Transfer, Klarna, Trustly, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, PayPal, Rapid Transfer, GiroPay, Interac, Easy EFT, AstroPay Card, Euteller, EPS, CashtoCode and PaysafeCard can be selected in the cashier as a form of payment.
Minimum withdrawal is anybody’s guess – terms and conditions are for sports betting customer apparently. Visa, MasterCard, Bank Wire Transfer, Trustly, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, PayPal, Rapid Transfer, Interac and AstroPay Card are the available withdrawal routes. Processing times vary with e-wallets taking up to 96-hours and all other routes up to 6 working days. Oh, and that’s after a 48-hour pending period. Max cash out per month is EUR 7,000.
Plaza Royal Mobile Casino & App
Plaza Royal Casino is available on mobile only you won’t find an app for it in your mobile app store. To play on the go, open up the browser on your device and tap in the web address and as if by magic, the online casino appears. The layout and theme are identical to the desktop version and absolutely everything is a mirror image – from available games to support, bonuses to the cashing out process. The only downside is the browsers search bar (top) and phones menu bar (bottom) will rescue the gaming area a little and more annoying than that, they both get in the way when you’re trying to play. We should point out here that this isn’t the casino’s fault.
Links to log in and join are sitting atop the page with a menu to the left and all available games splashed across the screen. Navigating is done by a flick of a finger, or you can type in the name of the game you want to play. Bonuses are standard – you have the welcome offer which can be claimed once and not once on desktop and once on mobile either.
Plaza Royal Casino believe in “CARE” – Customers Are Really Everything, quite a mouthful and a little cheesy we’ll admit, but they do strive to help in every way they can. Customer support lines are not 24/7 and are only available between the hours of 7 am and 11 pm daily. You can choose to talk to a live chat agent during these operating hours or you can ping them an email.
Detailed information in the form of FAQ’s aims to assist where possible. Links offering helpful advice include:
- Games information
- The submittal of documents – to confirm your ID
- Technical issues
- Bonus policy
- Forgotten password options
And there’s even one for the history of scratchcards. Not sure why that would be within the help pages. Customer support options are:
- Email: Use the online contact form. Be as detailed as possible.
- Live chat: Click the live chat link and get started by typing your name and email address.
There are far more disadvantages than there are advantages and some of them can end up hitting you in the pocket. The terms and conditions have been written in such a way that you don’t know whether the wagering is 35x or 50x and the max bet limit rule is a bit harsh. As for the maximum amount you can win from a bonus in a day, this is very misleading too! Terms and conditions are sketchy, and we can’t get over the sports betting references. Where is the loyalty rewards we were promised? Why make reference to extra promotions and bonuses such as spins if there never is any? On the plus side, there are jackpots, but then again, max win stated you can withdraw more than €7,000 per month!
The choice of games is massive; however, the jackpots games is very limited. We’d have thought with the likes of NetEnt and Microgaming being featured we’d have seen Mega Moolah and its many sequels and Divine Fortune in the line-up, but no! Red Tiger offer a series of must drop jackpots, but we see no category for this in the lobby. Pragmatic Play have their own pots of cash too and no category for them either. Not a lot of thought or effort has gone into the design of the lobby. Most operators want to give potential players the ins and outs of everything they could be enjoying, but Plaza Royal Casino are leaving a lot to the imagination.
Promotions = welcome offer. Once claimed there’s nothing to claim or exciting, but is this a bad thing? With wagering so high you may wish you never accepted that last bonus. If you play with your own cash and nothing else, there’s nothing to stop you from keeping 100% of your winnings. But remember, there are maximum withdrawal restrictions that could stop you from taking out all your winnings in one go.