Is there such a thing as a ‘free casino’? A place where you can play for free without having to worry about how much you have to spend? The answer would be yes, but like most freebies, they come with strings attached. If you were hoping to rock up to an online casino to win real money without having to stake a penny, you’ll be extremely disappointed! Online casinos are there as a business and if they gave everyone Cart Blanche to do what they wanted for free, they’d soon close down.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t play casino games for free! Many good casino operators allow potential customers to test drive their games for free, to not only allow them a sense of what’s on offer but to give them an idea of how the games work. You wouldn’t buy a new car without taking it out for a test-drive first, so why should play online games be any different? Understanding bonus features and recognising how wins are achieved will help you in the long run, but here’s a big but – whatever you win, you won’t see a penny of!
Any winnings derived from free demo play mode should be treated as invisible credits. Although they’re added to your ‘fun’ bankroll, upon exiting, your player account will remain empty. Where’s the money gone? Has someone removed it from your account? No! If you’ve been paying attention, free play demos are free because there is no chance of winning, until you switch to real play mode and start spending your own cash!
Best Free Casinos to Play Free Demo Games
Benefits of Free Play Mode
There’s no better feeling than spinning those reels in the hope of landing an epic win, but unless you know how to play, you may not even know how to win! That’s where free demo games come in handy. The games are designed to work exactly as if you were playing with real money, which means the features will launch when they should, the paytable will be the same – everything from how much you can win to the volatility and RTP is identical to that of the real play counterpart.
There have been many occasions where we have played slot machines and missed out on the jackpot because we didn’t know how to bring in the big win, and it’s usually those slot machines with the nudge feature. If you know what you’re looking out for, you will avoid missing out on a prize when it comes to playing for real, so you can see now why there are tens of thousands of free play demos online?
Disadvantages of Free Play Mode
The biggest is not being able to win! And as far as disadvantages go, it’s the worst! But there is the reasoning behind this – if the casino were to allow everyone just to play for free and to win an unlimited sum, they wouldn’t be open!
Are Progressive Jackpot Games Available in Demo Mode?
Some are, some aren’t! Microgaming’s Mega Moolah isn’t and many, many others aren’t either, however, there are quite a few that are! Playing a progressive jackpot slot in demo mode is no different to playing a standard non-progressive jackpot slot – you won’t win anything that’s offered! So why play one in demo mode then? Again, being able to witness how a game works is better than reading it on some review page somewhere and progressives also allow you to get a better understanding of how a jackpot is won. It could be certain symbols or a specific bonus game that awards the jackpot and being able to play for free means when it comes to playing with real funds, you’ll know what to keep an eye open for!
Are Live Casino Games Available in Demo Mode?
No! Live casino games by their very nature require you to play with real money. There’s no stopping you entering a room and watching the action unfold though, but it’s not the same as actually playing, is it? The thrill of alive casino game is in the winning, so just sitting there watching in is not going to have the same effects, but if you’ve never played before, it has its benefits. There are many live casino tables to choose from and it can be quite the minefield when just starting out, so looking in from an outsider’s perspective could give you an edge next time you play.
Multiple camera angles, customisable tables, various betting options, statistics, history of gaming outcomes and a chat feature are available in each live dealer room, and of course, you have the dealer too. Once you accustom yourself with how the game works, how to place bets and more importantly – how to win, you’ll know exactly what you have to do when it comes to playing with real money.
Free Play Casino Games
Popular Slot Games with Free Play Demo
Thousands and thousands of slot machines are readily available to play for free online, whether that be through a review website or on an actual casino, but here in the UK, we have strict gambling laws when it comes to demos, and for this reason and this reason alone, you will be required to verify your age before being able to play for free. The process is quick and easy and requires your details (no payment info needed!) to confirm you are of gambling age. Once completed (usually seconds!), you can play slot machines and other types of casino games absolutely free! No downloading of software or apps required and no risk to your capital!
Book of Dead
The list of popular games changes all the time, but one thing that hasn’t’ is the popularity of the Book of Dead slot game by Play’N Go. Released way back in January of 2016, this ancient Egyptian slot packs in mega thrills through a simple 5-reel, 10 fixed win line engine. Your adventure will begin beneath the hot desert sands of Egypt were an ancient pyramid that hides a potential fortune of 5,000x your stake! Guided by Rich Wilde, your tour guide, you must extract as much treasure from the tombs as you can.
The key to huge wins is via the free spins, but before being granted access, you will be required to hunt down at least three golden ‘book of dead’ symbols. Once achieved, 10 free spins will be awarded a randomly chosen symbol. During the entirety of the bonus, your chosen symbol has the power to expand, covering as many as five reels in each spin – the more of this symbol that appears, the greater your winnings!
Book of Ra
There are many themes and bonuses out there, but many operators often copy an idea from a rival company and that would be true to say for Play’N Go’s Book of Dead! Some 12-years before Book of Dead graced our screens, Book of Ra was launched – an ancient Egyptian inspired slot game with mega win potential! In 2004, Book of Ra was the first of its kind with free spins and accompanying expanding symbol. The graphics may nowadays be dated, but that hasn’t stopped the players tuning in in the hope of a big win.
Starburst by NetEnt is simple to play, offers no complicated features, and is still as popular today as it was back in 2013 when it launched! The 5-reel, 10 win line engine may offer no bonus rounds no free spins, but it’s thrilling nonetheless! Unlike traditional slots, Starburst delivers ‘bursts’ of wins from left to right and right to left! That’s a win both ways reel engine with double the chance of winning than conventional 10-win line slot machines! There is on feature hidden within the symbols on the reels – a re-spin feature where rainbow crystals expand on up to three reels; 2, 3 and 4, to deliver epic win potential! When rainbow crystals appear, they remain firmly in place and fill the entire reel in which they sit, and a free re-spin is granted, if more rainbow crystals land, the process continues!
Cleopatra by IGT was released back in 2012 and was the starting blocks of what would become an award-winning slot franchise! With 5-reels ad 20 win lines, Cleopatra offers a darker gaming experience packed with free spins, multipliers, wilds and a fixed jackpot of 10,000x your stake. Now, in demo mode, the bets seem extremely high – starting at £20 and reach as high as £4K per spin, however, when playing in real money mode, the bets are much, much smaller; 20p to a max of £400 per spin. Since its initial launch, IGT have re-released the game with a more modern feel in terms of graphics, but all game features we’ve come to know, and love remain the same.
Popular Table Games with Free Play Mode
Free play mode with table games is a must for anyone who has yet to try their ‘hand’ at winning this way! Sometimes, the rules on table games can be a little complicated to understand, which means you could end up spending a lot of money in the long run. Launch a free play Blackjack demo with a click of a mouse or swipe of a finger and practice your skills for free before hitting the big money tables. Place your chips on the hands you wish to play, initiate the deal and decide on whether to double, hit or stand! If you’re attempting a reckless move (hit on an 18), a pop-up will appear and ask if you want to proceed, but these hints won’t be available to you when playing with real money.
Roulette in demo mode can come in many different styles, but the way you play remains the same. A spinning wheel with a single zero (European Roulette) will take pride of place on the table. The betting cloth will offer bets ranging from 0 to 36 for straight-up bets and all the usual options; odds/evens, red/black, high/low, columns, neighbouring bets and so on. If you’re not familiar with the bets and how to win, a free play demo is a way to go!
The biggest win comes with a straight-up bet, with pays of 35:1. The chances of you winning are 35:1 which means a £1 bet would result in a payout of £36. When you’re happy with your bets, press spin and the ball will automatically spin around the wheel. When it comes to rest in a pocket, that is the gaming outcome and you can place your bets once again!
Baccarat is relatively simple; place a bet on who you think will win; the player, the banker or a tie! Pays of 8:1 come with a tie or 11:1 for both player and dealer options. To win, get on or as close to the number 9 as possible! Picture cards are worth zero, Ace is worth one and all other number cards are their face value.
Caribbean Stud Poker
Caribbean Stud Poker is another favourite and is played with a deck of 52 cards. You can win on an ante-bet and on an additional jackpot side bet in this card game packed with anticipation. Place your bets and call for a deal, when the five cards have been dealt, you have the option of folding or calling.
Texas Hold’em Poker
Texas Hold’em Poker s a poker-style casino game where the player is playing against the hand of the ‘house’. The game is played with a standard card deck of 52-cards, which is reshuffled between each game. The aim of the game is to get a higher five-card poker hand than the House to win!
Getting Freebies on the House
Claiming a freebie is something we all like to do, and as often as we can and there are but a handful of online casinos out there who like to sporadically throw little perks your way as a way of saying thank you for playing with them. Naturally. These perks and fringe benefits only come to pre-existing players who have a funded account, but as lavish as they seem, are they actually worth it? We’re about to reveal all.
Being able to play for free doesn’t only come in the form of demos, it comes in the form of bonuses and regardless of the casino, they all offer something to keep the fun going. There are different types of bonuses, including:
- Free Spins: Everyone loves to land free spins features within slot games don’t they, and these are effectively the same thing, only you won’t have to wait long periods between the reels spinning to get your hands-on free games on the house! When an operator offers this particular freebie, it will clearly state which game they can be played on. Simply launch the game and click to accept your spins. Once you’ve done this, all that’s left to do is play your free games to see how much you can win!
- No Deposit Bonus: This is by far the most popular of bonuses, but their existence is rare. If you manage to get set your sights on an offer where you don’t have to spend a penny to play for free, snap it up! How this freebie works is simple; you sign up as a new member (and no you can’t re-join to get this offer!), add your payment details and confirm your email address or mobile number by clicking the activation link within either of those. When you’re a fully-fledged member, your no deposit bonus will be credited to your account and will be waiting for you to use it!
- Deposit Bonus: This one is what it is; a bonus for making a deposit! Usually, these bonuses are 100%, 200%, 300% (and more!), which means your deposit will be doubled, tripled or quadrupled to give you even more playing time compared to just playing with cash!
- Cash Match Bonus: A bonus that matches your deposit! The more you deposit, the greater the bonus will be!
- Re-Load Bonus: Once the welcome bonus has been claimed, many online casinos offer Reload bonuses as a way of rewarding players for their continued support. A percentage of your deposit is gifted as a bonus for you to use how you see fit.
- Tourney Tickets: Slot tournament tickets are readily up for the taking, allowing you to compete against your fellow players to land a spot on the prize-winning board. These types of promotions are confusing to most at first, but it’s simple; what you win with your free tourney ticket, won’t be credited to your account! You’re encouraged to win as much as you can with this system to get on the leader-board. If you win, you win what’s stated, but anything within the slot spinning game must be treated as fictional money because you won’t see a penny of it!
- Cashback: Don’t you just hate it when you lose? Cashback is a system that is designed to give back a percentage of your losses! Sometimes as real money (more often than not it’s a bonus), players only receive the cashback once the casino has worked out how much they have lost, which typically takes a day.
- Loyalty Points: Getting points on purchases isn’t just something supermarkets do – casinos do too! Each spin you take, each bet your place, points will be added to your account. The more points you have, the better those freebies will be. Depending on where you decide to play, you may be able to exchange points for additional bonuses or you simply work your way through a tiered rewards system where perks are automatically credited to your account. Either way, these freebies are only every awarded on real money spends.
- VIP Scheme: Usually, this scheme is attributed to high roller spending, so an outlay is needed before seeing any returns. Invitations to special events, holidays, cash, gadgets and more casino freebies are awarded to players who literally splash the cash. The red carpet of rewards is rolled out once you have reached certain spend criteria, so players with a budget and a responsible gaming head, won’t really stand much of a chance of claiming freebies from this scheme.
The Dark-Side to Freebies
Unless you’re playing at an online casino that states there is no wagering requirements ever (PlayOJO is one!), you should treat those bonuses with caution! Terms and conditions will be attached to all bonuses offered to you and it’s important you read them! With the exception of wager-free casinos, operators effectively use red tape to ensure any winnings you accrued from their bonuses, will remain firmly in place! Won big from a bonus? You’ll probably have issues when it comes to cashing out your winnings, and this is thanks to wagering requirements.
All bonuses no matter how big or small will carry bonus terms; some stipulate how much you can win, and others simply state that only when wagering has been met, will you be able to withdraw your winnings. For example, you’ve just been given free spins to use on the cosmic Starburst title by NetEnt, the rules state that any winnings must be played through 30x (standard amount for free spins). You won £100 from those free games and simply wish to cash out. But the reality is, that £100 win must be played through 30x, so a £3K spend will be required in order to make a withdrawal! If the wagering is higher (it has been known to go as high as 99x), you’ll need to wager more again! Anything from 1x to 10x is considered low, 11x to 30x is considered to be medium and 31x and over is high!
To maximise your chances of cashing out from a freebie, look for the lowest wagering requirements possible or better still, don’t accept the bonus that is offered to you! If you’d rather not play with bound bonuses and find one has been automatically credited to your account, head to customer support and ask a help team member to remove it from your account You can also request to opt-out of these offers at this point too. Only by playing with your money deposit – and nothing else, will ensure stress-free, wager-free withdrawals.