What is Apple Pay? Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc that allows users to make payments through apps, on the web or in-person through the service. Founded in October 2014, Apple Pay has become a popular payment service for everyday purchases to playing online casino games and it’s due to its ease of use that many users choose Apple Pay over other more traditional payment means.
The payment service was designed to move consumers away from physical funds while offering a more convenient way to pay and users of any Apple device can make use of this service. From the Apple Watch to iPhone and even iPad (as long as it’s an eligible model), each of these devices allows you to make purchases through a one-click system.
Apple Pay is supported by all major banks and building societies, but the good news is you don’t need a participating bank to use this payment service. Anywhere that accepts contactless payments will accept Apple Pay, but how do you set it up? Setting up Apple Pay on an iPhone or iPad will require you to have the latest version of iOS, watchOS or MacOS installed, plus you’ll need an Apple ID signed in to iCloud.
Best Apple Pay Mobile Casinos for the UK Players
How Apple Pay Works?
To add a card on your iPhone:
- Go to Wallet (in settings) and tap the add button to the top right of the screen.
- Follow the simple on-screen instructions to add a new card. You may be required to download an app from your bank or card issuer to add a card to the Wallet
- Tap Next. Your bank or card issuer will want to verify your information and then decide if you can use your card with Apple Pay. No credit checks are carried out. If your bank or issuer needs more information to verify your card, a pop-up will appear on the screen and you will either need to take a call or confirm the process via a text message confirmation code. Once done, head back to the Wallet and tap your card.
- After your bank or issuer has verified your card (it’s usually instant), tap Next. Now you can start using Apple Pay.
To add a card on your iPad:
- Go to Settings, Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap to add your card and follow the same steps required on the iPhone.
To add a card on your Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, and go to the My Watch tab.
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay and follow the same steps as iPhone and iPad users to add your card.
To add a card on your Mac with Touch ID:
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences and then Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card.
- Follow the steps to add a new card and complete verification checks with your bank.
What Apple Devices are Eligible for Apple Pay?
iPhones with Face ID and iPhones with Touch ID (except for iPhone 5s) can support Apple Pay when to comes to purchases in shops, within apps, on the web safari, within public transport, from person to person and in Business Chat. iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad and iPad mini models with Touch ID or Face ID can use Apple Pay within apps, on web safari, person to person and in Business Chat. Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 and later and Apple Watch 1st generation offer this wallet system, so too do Mac models with Touch ID (2012 or later).
Is Apple Pay Like a Credit Card?
No! Apple Pay offers a quicker alternative when it comes to paying for goods and services, but unlike a credit card, you can only spend what you have in your account! Apple Pay is linked to your bank account and unless you have the correct funds, your purchase/deposit will be declined. Effectively, it should be regarded as a debit card.
How Can I Use Apple Pay?
It’s very much like a contactless card, only unlike producing a physical card, there are no limits to the amount you can spend at the point of sale. Contactless cards here in the UK have a limit of £45 whereas Apple Pay can be used with no upper limit. As long as the funds are readily available in your account, the transaction will be completed in a split second! Naturally, you’ll need an internet connection to use this service.
Is Apple Pay Safe to Use?
Apple Pay is safe to use because unless someone knows your passcode to enter your phone or has your fingerprint or face, your phone won’t open, and the service cannot be used for transactions! Your card details are never stored on your device nor are they shared by Apple Pay when you make a purchase or deposit at an online casino. To protect your details and your identity, Apple Pay assigns users a unique Device Account Number which is encrypted at source and stored in a secure section of your device. When you use Apple Pay, your Device Account Number and security ode are used to process that transaction.
To give yourself the best level of protection, never share your phone passcode with anyone – not even family, and never add a second person’s fingerprint or face to your phone.
Advantages of Using Apple Pay at Casinos
+ It’s a safe way to fund your gambling transactions
+ It’s easy to use
+ Can make a deposit without having to log in to your bank or e-wallet
+ No fees
+ No details required when making a deposit
+ Transactions are processed instantly
+ No data sharing
Disadvantages of Using Apple Pay at Casinos
– Apple Pay is only accepted at a handful of online casinos to date
– Withdrawals cannot be processed back through Apple Pay
– Only works with Apple devices
Apple Pay Casinos FAQ:
- Does Apple Pay Carry Any Fees?
- No! Apple Pay is a free to use service with no hidden fees.
- Can I Download Apple Pay on an Android Device?
- Apple Pay is only available to Apple users, hence its name.
- Do I Need the Latest Smartphone or Tablet for It to Work?
- Compatible devices include iPhones/iPads with Touch ID and Face ID from model 5s and above, as well as the Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 (plus 1st gen) and Mac with Touch ID.
- How Are Withdrawals Processed Through Apple Pay?
- When it comes to making a withdrawal, Apple Pay is not an option. If you made a deposit via Apple Pay and now wish to cash out your winnings, your request will see the money being transferred back to your bank through a bank transfer. Some online casinos will process withdrawals back to any other payment method you have registered to your casino account.
- When Was Apple Pay Founded?
- Apple Pay was founded in 2014.
- Can Apple Pay be Used When I Have No Gambling Setting Turned on In My Bank?
- Some mobile banking apps allow users to effectively turn on and off gambling transactions, which means if you have the gambling setting switched to ‘off’, you won’t be able to make a deposit at any gambling establishment via Apple Pay.
Best Apple Pay Casinos UK
Apple Pay is growing in popularity, there’s no denying that! Whip your mobile out and with a blink of an eye (or touch of a finger), you’re paying for goods and services! While the wallet service is going from strength to strength offline, the online gaming industry is stalling. Of the many different online casinos out there, only a handful offer Apple Pay as a way of making deposits. But which casinos accept Apple Pay here in the UK?
- VoodooDreams Casino: Established in 2016, VoodooDreams Casino offers a huge choice of games from Microgaming, Play’N Go, Big Time Gaming, NetEnt and many, many other software providers, meaning there’s a huge gaming lobby waiting to be discovered. New players are greeted warmly with a lavish welcome offer and can expect great things in terms of loyalty perks. Tournaments, progressive jackpots and live casino games come as standard.
- Rise Casino: The mobile-friendly Rise Casino holds the eCOGRA seal of approval, meaning all gaming outcomes have been proven to be fair by the London-based, international approved testing agency. The gaming lobby is small but offers games from NetEnt, IGT, NextGen Gaming, Thunderkick and Eyecon. Established in 2018, players are able to enjoy 24/7 gaming across all devices and benefit from swift withdrawal processing times.
- Leo Vegas Casino: The ‘king’ of the mobile casino is packed with the very latest and greatest games from top-tier software providers! From Megaways branded titles to progressive jackpot slots, if it offers big win opportunities, you’re guaranteed to find it here! Live chat 24/7, almost instant withdrawals, thousands of games, live dealer tables and regular promotions are what customers have come to expect from this award-winning online casino.
- Party Casino: Entertainment is guaranteed around the clock with Party Casinos open all hours offering! No risk of having to drink up and leave here, because as long as the reels as spinning, the party continues! Party Casino is one of the oldest online casinos to date, having launched way back in 1997! Owned and operated by ElectraWorks Limited Casinos means they come from the same stable as Bwin Casino and Sportingbet Casino.
- 888 Casino: Just like Party Casino, 888 Casino have been operating online since 1997 and have become a household name, thanks to their no deposit bonuses! Bearing the eCOGRA seal of approval, 888 Casino customers are guaranteed fair play at all times, a safe environment and plenty of choice! Up until 2019, the casino only offered slots and table games powered by 888 (and partners), now they deliver must drop jackpot games from Red Tiger, big thrills from NetEnt and much more!
- Rizk Casino: Top-tier software providers, mobile-friendly layout, instant-play interface, 0-24hr withdrawal time frames and live chat around the clock – that’s what you can expect from Rizk Casino. A popular attraction at this online casino is the ‘Wheel of Rizk’ where jackpots, bonuses, free tourney tickets, free spins and much more are awarded on deposits and through various other promotions.
- Arcade Spins: A retro dose of fun is promised through a wide and varied gaming catalogue and various promotions. Your ultimate gaming experience begins with a generous welcome offer, which includes a deposit boost and free spins. Loyalty perks roll off the conveyor belt as soon as you become a loyal player and can include free spins packages and even cashback on losses!
- Deluxino Casino: The Dragonfish powered brand is usually recognised for its online bingo offering, however, there is more to this website than meets the eye! One login will allow players to access live casino games, table games, instant win and online bingo and it’s easy on the eye, easy to navigate and is certified by eCOGRA. Established in 2019, Deluxino Casino is licensed and regulated by two governing bodies; the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority. Rewards start to flow into players accounts from their very first deposit and are guaranteed to be added each day. Daily free spins, up to 10% cashback and much more await. All you need to do is log in to see what’s waiting to be claimed.
- ComeOn Casino: Established in 2008, ComeOn Casino is owned and operated by Co-Gaming Limited Casinos (the folks behind Get Lucky Casino among others!). Delivering sports betting, online casino and live casino platforms, ComeOn is a popular gaming destination with Apple Pay users. Fast withdrawals, live chat and manual flushing are offered, along with big bonuses and big jackpots!
- Kozmo Casino: The home of wager-free winnings! Everything from the welcome offer to the exclusive promotions carry no wagering requirements which means you get to keep 100% of your winnings guaranteed! Hundreds of the very best games deliver edge of your seat entertainment through an instant-play interface. Popular gaming titles include Arcane Gems by Quickspin, Rise of Maya by NetEnt, Desperados Wild Megaways by Inspired Gaming and 9 Masks of Fire by Microgaming.