It’s that time of the year again – the run-up to the Christmas period and while many of us believe it’s far too early to be popping up the decs, many already have! It’s true to say 2020 has been a strange year, so who’s to judge whether we should or shouldn’t start celebrating early – Quickspin are!
The force behind some of the online casino industry’s biggest slots has teased of what’s still to come this year and one of those is the return of everyone’s favourite wolf and its oozing holiday fun with classic winter touches! Scheduled for release on November 24th – just a month before Christmas Eve is Crystal Prince, and it’s a Lapland like you’ve never seen before! Forget an ice-topped land full to the top with elves, candy canes and toys – Crystal Prince is a snow-topped fantasy land far from our own with forces of magic to help guide us to great big wins.
Jack Snow; aka the star of the show, is what’s known as the Crystal Prince and he’s a happy little chappy who has the power to make good things happen. His magical blizzard wand can instantly change the weather to create a mighty blizzard and its wake, huge wins could follow! Golden wilds and multipliers are sure to pop in to say hello, which could be before or after the little guy flies off to the Northern Lights to spread his wealth over the frozen land.
Okay, so it may not be festive, but it’s very in-keeping with the time of the year – the only thing not cold about it is the cash potential, thanks to a maximum win multiplier of 11,500x on the table. Featuring rows and grid pays, Crystal Prince could see players benefit from an expanding reel engine reaching up to 262,144 ways to win! And there are tumble mechanics, a whole set of modifiers and free spins thrown in for good measure too!
Notable features include:
- Snowfall: Any win will trigger a snowfall feature and as a result, the reel engine will expand by one row with new symbols. Extra rows are awarded providing there are new winning combinations occurring, with up to 8 rows possible. Once there are no new winning additional found, the total win is awarded.
- Blizzard Seal: When the reel grid reaches its maximum of 8 rows of symbols for the first time, the blizzard seal is activated! When this occurs, 1 to 3 wild frost multiplier wilds will spawn on the grid and activate the blizzard mode.
- Blizzard Mode: This feature will lock all the winning symbols in place, along with the wild, bonus scatter, and high symbols. All non-locked symbols will be removed, and the remaining symbols will cascade downwards. Extra symbols cascade in to fill the empty positions on the grid. The blizzard mode will continue as long as there are new winning combinations found.
- Wild Frost Free Spins: Spin in 3, 4, 5, or 6 bonus scatter symbols, you’ll be awarded 8, 10, 15, or 20 free spins respectively. Between 1 and 4 wild frost multiplier wilds and wild frost wilds will be awarded at the start of each free spin. Land 2 bonus scatters during the feature to re-trigger, awarding 3 extra free spins.
Here Piggy Piggy
It’s been some 7-years since we were treated to a rematch between one of folklore’s much-loved characters – Big Bad Wolf, and now, on December 1st, Quickspin are treating us to another with Big Bad Wolf Christmas Special! The three little piggies must try to outsmart the festive-filled wolf because he’s not so full up on mince pies and turkey – he fancies some bacon and pigs in blankets too!
Based on the true Quickspin classic, which is still as popular today as the day it first launched, the wolf is back and, in a style very similar to that of Little Red Riding Hood, the wolf is camouflaging himself to look like the big guy – Santa Claus – an imposter? No! We only hope those three piggies see through his red-caped camouflage and make it to safety! The wolf re-renter the scene with the same objectives as the first; huff and puff the houses down to feast upon the pigs! Big Bad Wolf Christmas Special promises to be packed to the rafters with Christmas treats, whether you’re on the nice list or that naughty list!
A magical winter wonderland theme aims to transports players to the North Pole, only, where exactly is Father Christmas? Maybe the wolf beat us to him? Swooping reels combined with wilds could mean the gameplay (and wins) go on and on and on! While remaining tight-lipped over the full details, Quickspin have divulged a little info and a video into what to expect, only they’re not giving too much away.
- Pigs Turn Wild: With swooping reels in combination with the Pigs Turn Wild feature, all winning rounds count, and the developer promise they can go on for a long time! For every second swoop, one of the three Pig symbols will turn into a wild symbol, adding more winning opportunities than ever before. And 6 consecutive swoops will turn all three Pigs into wilds for even greater returns.
- Free Spins: Three bonus scatters will award 10 free spins, with the blowing down the house feature.
- Blowing Down the House Free Spins: In this exciting feature, you’ll watch as the wolf catches the pigs and blows down their house – those poor piggies! The reels in this feature produce moon symbols and you can collect moon symbols (on the last reel) as you play for additional free spins and a chance to get a 2x multiplier. The pigs turn wild feature is active during the free spins to really ramp up the thrill factor.